On Mondays, we release our Weekly Trader in which we outline key themes driving market sentiment, a review on critical developments within our preferred sectors, equities commentary and market-moving stories to start the week. Our in-house Investment Committee meets on a weekly basis to craft this strategy, aimed at allowing our clients to dynamically position portfolios and to take advantage of market developments.
16/10/2017 Market View: Brexit worries, China Party Congress and US earnings
The China Communist Party Congress this week will set out China’s economic vision for the next 5 years. Austrian elections overnight show that political volatility remains in Europe, albeit at a reduced level. Sterling is likely to be volatile this week due to EU responses to Brexit negotiations.
- INM – CEO departure update
- Smurfit – Cost uncertainty weighing on share price
- One51 – Compelling organic growth phase coming up
- CRH – Ash Grove deal likely to go through
- Bank of Ireland – Break of key trend resistance
- Kerry – Overview of Capital Markets Day