On Mondays, we release our Weekly Trader in which we outline key themes driving market sentiment, a review on critical developments within our preferred sectors, equities commentary and market-moving stories to start the week. Our in-house Investment Committee meets on a weekly basis to craft this strategy, aimed at allowing our clients to dynamically position portfolios and to take advantage of market developments.
20/03/2018 – Market view: FOMC, Brexit, Facebook, AIB, PPB, Inditex, Greencore, Grafton
FOMC meeting this week with major focus on its response to worsening economic data and recent tariff developments. Brexit transition agreement extended which gives the market a little bit of certainty over the next 2 years. . Facebook likely to be weaker in the short term as data scandal continues to dominate headlines.
- AIB – Focus on capital strategy
- Grafton – Meeting with management very positive
- Greencore – Update from management
- Paddy Power Betfair – Update from management meeting
- Inditex – Management guidance on FX positive