For our existing clients, we have set out a series of questions that are most commonly asked. If the information you are looking for cannot be found here, please contact us or request a call-back at a time that suits.
I would like to amend the personal details on my account, i.e. address, bank details, email address or surname?
In order for us to amend personal details, generally we will require:
- Signed instruction from you and any other account holder (two authorised signatories required for Corporate, Trust, Pension, Charity, or Probate accounts with more than one executor) noting the detail you wish to have amended.
- For a change of address, we also require an acceptable proof of address dated within the last 6 months.
- For a change of surname, we also require a certified copy of a marriage certificate or divorce decree.
- For a change in IBAN, we also require a bank statement noting the new IBAN dated in the last 6 months.
Please email the instruction and additional documentation (if certification is not required)) to [email protected].
Please note this must come from the verified email address we have on file for you.
A certified copy is one which has been signed, stamped and dated as a true copy of the original by a practicing solicitor or accountant, Commissioner for Oaths, Garda Siochana, intermediary, or bank manager.
Please note: on occasions we may need to contact you to verify the change before proceeding with your request.
I would like to add/remove someone from my account?
- A new account with Cantor Fitzgerald Ireland will need to be set up to facilitate the addition or removal of an account holder to reflect the change in Beneficial Owner.
- Please complete a new application form for your account type which can be found on our Useful Forms page.
- Please also include a letter signed by the current account holder(s) requesting the removal or addition of a person. AML documentation may be required if a new person is added or current AML is out of date. In order to check please contact Client Services on 01 633 3800.
I would like to sell my shares
Please contact our Dealing Desk on 01 633 3800 to instruct your stockbrokers to sell your shares.
I would like to request a transfer of funds to my bank account
If you have previously provided your bank details, as an authorized person on the account you can:
- Contact your stockbroker directly or our Client Services Department on 01 633 3800 to instruct the transfer
- Email a signed (co-signed where applicable as mentioned above) instruction to [email protected]. Please note this must come from the verified email address we have on file for you.
If you wish to add new bank details or change the bank details, please refer to the Q1 regarding amending personal details.
I would like to allow my spouse or children to get information on my account
- In order for us to provide account information with a third party, we will need signed letter of authority from you and any other account holder (two authorised signatories required for Corporate, Trust, Pension, Charity, or Probate accounts with more than one executor). This can be posted or scanned by email and sent to [email protected].
- Please include the name of the person and their Date of Birth.
- Please note this must come from the verified email address we have on file for you.
- Please note that Letters of Authority are only valid for 1 year.
How am I notified of any important information or changes relating to my account?
- We launched our document portal in 2019. All information is posted to this portal and you are notified by email when a new document is available. Please ensure to log in regularly to review any documents relating to your account and portfolio.
- Changes to Terms & Conditions and our Rate Cards are posted to our website 10 working days in advance of changes coming into effect.
- On very rare occasions we may issue important communications by letter.
How do I transfer in shares from another stockbroking account?
We require confirmation of the shares being transferred, transferring broker and that all Anti Money Laundering documentation to be up to date before we can accept your shares.
Please contact your broker on 01 633 3800 to notify them of the transfer.