Our monthly Investment Journal provides insights into key stocks to watch, a round-up of world financial events, latest investment opportunities and news from our corporate finance team. This is in addition to performance updates on our flagship products, funds and our core portfolio.
Cantor Fitzgerald – June Investment Journal
The old maxim “Sell in May, Go Away”is a well-known idiom in financial markets. Though it does not always hold true, historically it has paid off more times than not. This time it was different. Equity markets had been weak in the lead-in to May driven by a substantial tick up in volatility in 2018 relative to 2017. May actually started off well with some conciliatory signs on tariffs and a retracement in bond yields globally. However the end of May saw the “Italian Job”in full effect.
- Core Equity Portfolio: The investment case for our preferred names
- Stock Watch: Our views on Vodafone and Vinci
- Core Funds Range: Latest updates on our range of investment funds, ETFs & trusts
- Ethical Investing: Green Effects providing sustainable investment returns
- Trading Calls: We see value in Coca Cola, Adidas. ASML and Tullow Oil
- Investor Interview: Bertrand Cliquet, Lazard Asset Management Limited