In light of current market volatility and the ongoing disruption caused by the coronavirus pandemic, we would like to assure you that we are taking these matters very seriously. Below, we provide you with our view on markets and an update on the actions we are taking to protect the health and safety of our employees, clients and business partners.
We believe that markets will continue to be extremely volatile over the next few weeks and months. Economic data will clearly be very weak, but following Q1-Q2 growth shock, there will be policy support in the form of interest rate cuts, liquidity and fiscal stimulus. Valuations have gone from being overvalued to attractive for a medium-term investor. The merits of investing in actively managed multi asset funds as volatility reaches unprecedented levels continue to prove themselves, and we continue to urge all of our clients to consider such options as a means to navigate these uncertain times.
For the latest in market news. Click here to access our Quarterly Markets Podcast or click here to download our March Investment Journal.
Business Continuity Management
Our Global Business Continuity Management Team has put in place a series of preventative measures and recommendations specifically designed to protect our clients, contacts and employees and to ensure the continued provision of our services. We have already tested remote working for the majority of our employees.
Some of the measures we have taken include:
- Business continuity – Our staff have the ability to work remotely and securely from home. All the required infrastructure and connectivity to our systems have been established and tested.
- Business travel – All non-essential domestic and international business travel, and business attendance at conferences and events are restricted until 1st May, 2020 or until further notice.
- Personal travel – We strongly advise employees to avoid all non-essential personal travel by plane, train or cruise ship until May 1, 2020.
- In-office meetings – We would kindly ask that all non-essential visits to our offices are limited and instead that meetings are conducted by conference, video or phone calls rather than face-to-face.
- Best practice health measures – We have provided specific recommendations and guidance to our employees and contractors on how to avoid the spread of the virus.
Currently, our three offices in Dublin, Limerick and Cork remain fully operational.
Our main objectives are to get through this period alongside our clients as best we can, to support our people, and to continue to provide our clients with exceptional support and our unparalleled investment advisory services.
If you have any questions or queries about any of the above, please contact your Cantor Fitzgerald broker/portfolio manager. Contact details for each individual team member can be accessed here on our website. Alternatively, please call Dublin 01 633 3633, Cork 021 422 2122 or Limerick 061 436 500, or your financial advisor.